Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2003, 09:39 AM

Default 6-12 hand

I have A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] from a mp

UTG calls, two fold, I raise, LP calls,(two off the button), calls folds to the BB and he reraises, UTG folds, I cap, LP player smoothcalls. 3 players see the flop

Flop:

9[img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] k [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet, LP player raises, bb calls, I call.

Turn

10 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

bb checks, I check, LP bets, bb check raises, I fold, lp calls

River;

j [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, LP calls,

BB shows down AJo, LP had 10,Jo

Thoughts,

Preflop I didn't have a real feel for what either player had. By chance I had played with both of those players two days before. The guy in the BB was an average player and the guy that was in the LP was a weak player that would play anything until his chips were gone.

When the flop came I knew that the guy in the LP had something big. He was not the raising type unless his hand was beating him over the head telling him to raise. I thought he may have trips or the straight. I put the guy in the BB on a straight/flush draw. When the LP player raised me I called because I figured there was too much money in the pot and this was a good time to take one off. Maybe get lucky and catch the straight or a four flush draw.

On the turn I figured I was drawing dead. I needed a miracle river card. When the BB check raised I knew he had AJ and I would be drawing to one card.

The river brought my miracle card and as much as I would love to have been around to split the LP's money I just figured there wasn't enough of a money in the pot for me to call a 24 dollar bet on a 14-1 shot that my jack hits...(14-1 assumes I was right that the BB had a J)

The part about this hand that I question was how right was my flop call after being raised. I knew the guy had a hand I probably couldn't beat without a miracle or close to a miracle, ( I figured I needed runner runner flush to win the hand).

Another question that I thought about was how right was it to cap the betting from the position I was in preflop with the hand I had.