Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2005, 10:13 PM

Default 2 months losing after 1 yr winning

Hello

I have been playing for a little over 1yr. I generally play SSH with some slight adjustments. For example, I found through PT after 18k hands, that some of the SSH hands were not profitable and dropped playing them from EP.

I switch between $1/2 and $2/4. When the cards are bad, which they have been lately, I drop back to $1/2. I play on average about 30hrs/month.

I have always been a small winner until the past 2.5 months. I have effectively lost all my winnings from the prior year. The cards have been pretty bad but it is also probably my play.

I am determined to get back to my winning ways. I read quite a lot. I have read SSH several times, plus several other books. I use PT to replay every hand where I lose more than 1.5bb. I use 1.5 as the cutoff because I get many hands that I raise pre-flop and then fold after the flop.

PT labels me as TAP with 18K hands. When I compare my stats to the guidelines here is what I find. Most are in the ranges defined in the micro guidelines except for:

WSD – 32.24 versus 28-32
Att to Steal blinds – 18% versus 30
Raised Pre-flop – 6.7 versus 7-10
Aggression factor – 1.6 post-flop versus 2-3
FRB – 39.92 versus 40-55

Here are the rest of the important numbers:
VPIP – 16.2
VPIP from SB – 28.5
Saw Flop all hands – 22.2%
WSF – 28.32
W$SD – 56.23

What seems clear to me is the aggression factor needs the most work and obviously is the P part of TAP. I have gotten better at Attempts to steal but that is only pretty recent.

I am going to start posting hands and I would like to get some feedback. If anyone has any thoughts about what I have written so far, please let me know.

Thx, tom