Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Worst sports injury that happened to you personally

Not sure if riding a bike is a sport but...

I was 8 or 9 somewhere in that range and the seat of my bicycle fell off. (i'm sure you already see where this is going) Anyways my friends and I always ride bikes we very rarely did something else so I wasn't about to let this stop me. So we are riding around and we go over a speed bump but I want to get a little extra height off the jump.

Yup you guessed it. When I came down from the jump the metal pipe made a pretty nice cut into my nuts through my jeans.

I dropped my bike ran home and my mother took me to the emergency room. The Dr. that was taking care of me was not able to put the stitches in because everytime he was about to try he got tears in his eyes so he had to walk a female nurse through it.

I got action at 8 years old!

Anyways few minutes later and I have 6 stitches in my nuts.

No long term damage though and a lesson well learned.

A real sport story I guess.

Playing basketball senior year of highschool on a playground. The ball got stuck between the backboard and the rim so I backed up a few steps ran up and hit it out. But where I laned the ground was uneven. The pavement from the court sat about 4" higher than the dirt under the backboard.

I landed in between collapsed to the ground and had what looked like a baseball sticking out of my ankle. Nothing broken just a pretty bad sprain.