Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2005, 06:16 PM

Default O8 Flopped Set, Correct Fold on Turn?

I HATE hands like this one. Hand that I wouldn't play normally, but have in a blind and end up with a pretty good flop. They always seem to end up being trouble one way or another. This one came when I posted a blind when first taking a seat. I'm still very new to O8 and I have a feeling that I made multiple mistakes.

Party Poker $0.5/$1 (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds.
<font color="red">I thought about raising here instead of a call. My thinking was that I could possibly kick people out of the pot with a weak flush draw with just a weak low draw especially considering the 2 counterfieted any A2XX. Then I thought that too many cards on the turn are potential scare cards and I didn't want to invest too much too soon. </font>
Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero folds, MP1 Calls, MP2 folds,MP3 Calls Button folds.
<font color="red">With 3 to a flush on the board I figure I'm behind for sure. If I call and make 7's full on the river with 2 over cards I was thinking that my fullhouse wouldn't be the best hand </font>
River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks.
<font color="red">OH GREAT! Quads on the river with no low draw possible on the board. I scoop the pot except for that pesky old fold on the turn. Is wrong to want to punch my monitor in this situation? I submit that it is not.</font>
Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Outcome: BB shows [ As, Jc, 3d, 9h ] two pairs, jacks and sevens.
MP1 shows [ Kh, 4h, Ad, 9d ] two pairs, kings and sevens.
MP3 doesn't show [ 8h, Qc, Jd, Qs ] two pairs, queens and sevens.
MP1 wins $9 from the main pot with two pairs, kings and sevens.
There was no qualifying low hand.
</font>