Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Game type problem

Every Monday night and Thursday night some guys from the dorms here get together and play a friendly poker game. The last couple of weeks it hasn't been so friendly.

For the first few months of playing we played either $5 or $10 buy-in tournies, and paid to the top 2 or 3. We usually get between 10-15 players. Well for some reason they all decided last week to play a ring game. That was fine with me until what happened. Someone would win a big hand, double up, and immediately cash out. That takes all the money off the tables since we have a limited number of players. I tried telling everyone this was gonna happen, but they still want to play ring style. So then they tried to come up with rules like you have to stay at the table for a minimum for an hour, or leave atleast $20 on the table if you leave. Then they said we should play it out until someone has all the money (same damn thing as a re-buy tourney).

My question is, does anyone here run a home ring game with a limited number of players? How exactly do you run it to avoid hit-n-runs? I don't think I'm gonna convince them to go back to tourney play which is ok cause I've still been winning, but it sucks when someone calls an all-in, hits a 4 outer on the river, and cashes out with half of the money from the table.

Thanks,
Bradyams