Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2002, 09:08 PM

Default AKAK in a multiway 4th hand

I occasionaly play in a very loose game with different limits (starting to $15-$30 up to $50 $100).
Opponents are terrible, they just want to have fun (throwing money and sometimes making me crazy).

THis hand occurred in a Euro 25-50 limit game with 5 opponents. (Ante 5, bring-in 10)

3rd street:

PL1: xx- 3 BRING-in
PL2: xx- 10
PL3: xx- J
PL4: xx-3
PL5: xx-Q
ME: (K-A)K

Bring-in opens for the minimum, ALL players call and now I have no possibility to draw out anybody except maybe the bring-in. So I decide to call and see what happens.

4th street:

All players catch a card which seems to go well with their boards, that is:

PL1 has xx- 3-3
PL2 xx- 10-Jsuited
PL3: xx-J-K
PL4: xx-3-5suited
PL5: xx-Q-A
ME: (A-K)K-A

THese players are apt to raise (or to stay until the end) with any four flush even if there are other paired doorcards or open pairs on other boards.
PLayer with open threes (first to act) bet the full amount, player2 (10-Js) raises, player 3 call, player4 (3-5s) reraises, player5 folds and now it's my action.
What to do?
a- I don't put the player with open 3s for a trips of 3s because he is the bring-in and there is a 3 out in another hand.
b- PLayer2 has an almost obvious flush draw with LIVE cards (and he is not a player prone to raise on 3rd with 3-flush)
c- In my opinion player4 (a very loose gambler) has some sort of a straight flush draw and small cards are live (two his suited cards are out)
d- Player3 (with J-K showing) has not a suited board but probably a straight draw or a medium hidden pair (or a rolled trips of Jacks but a trips of Jacks is not very likely since a Jack is out)
e- I have no live cards because one Ace and one KIng are out (probably opponents don't know I'm dealt a split pair of kings on 3rd since I'm a chronical raiser with a big pair)

I decide to flat call. All players call the reraise bet.
But I know that a suited card on board 2 and/or board 4 means a clear fold for me. And if they don't hit a suited card have I an advantage to continue the hand until the river?

Would you play the 4th street?

Thanks for any comment.

Marco