Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2002, 04:55 PM

Default 20-40 Hand to Talk About

This is a hand I played in an 8-handed 20-40 hold em game with a good mix of weak-tight, loose-aggresive, loose-passive and overall average to below average players. A brief rundown on the 3 other players who were prominent in the hand.
Big Blind (BB) - I have never played with him before but see him in the room a lot and noticed that he often plays the 50-100, 75-150 mixed games when they go, whether he wins or not I do not know but I assume he doesn't get killed. During this session he was running bad, and playing not too great either, lost 400 since I had been there.
Weak Tight Old player UTG - (WTO) Very nice guy who seems to always think he is running bad, but he really just plays WAY too weak tight.
Button - (Button) Another new player to me but somewhat familiar face, he plays pretty well, not too tricky and not enough raising IMO, he was up 1000 dollars for the session.

OK, 4 limpers to me in the small blind I complete with 5d6c.
6-players $120 in the pot.

Flop - 5c-6d-9s

I bet out, BB calls, WTO calls, folded around to the button who calls.

Turn Jh

I check, BB checks, WTO checks, Button bets, I raise everyone folds. The button says "nice straight". I take the $240 dollar pot and we move on to the next hand.

comments? How was this hand played? How would you or could you play it differently?