Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2002, 01:15 PM

Default Pokerstars

MS Sunshine(s) have received some greatly deserved praise in these parts for the 2nd Annual 2+2 Freeroll HUT. I 87th that. Fantastic job!

Anyone who has organized ANYthing of this size realizes that the workload is far greater than imagined, there are always dicey problems, whiners, etc. But the Sunshines have pulled it off with nary a glitch and hardly a hitch. With pro quality, class, and a just dab of humor.

I therefore nominate MS Sunshine as the PERMANENT HUT organizers. Whoa...just kiddin'. Wouldn't wish that on you.

But, POKERSTARS, out of left field, has received hardly a syllable of comment, and that comment was picayunish neg. Hey, these guys put up $1,000!!! No other site did. That shows some real style. Sure, it's from their ad/promo budget you say. So, give them points for being smart, too. They also chipped in a goodly bit of work that wouldn't have gone down well without some entuhsiasm behind it. And - they risked something. This tourney was set up quickly with a structure totally unfamiliar to Pokerstars. If there had been significant problems, they would have taken it on the chin. They're coming through big time.

Quite a gusher, that, so I'll be expecting a huge deposit in my account, wink wink. Seriously, a deserved "gush" o' praise. They caught my attention. I had blasted through my $50 buy-in there, but now I'll be back. The pix are cool, too. If an effort were made next time to have all 2+2ers post their REAL pix, could be interesting!