Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2002, 10:37 PM

Default Are micro-limits profitable?

Hello, this post is regarding the profitablity (or lack of) the on-line micro limit holdem games. I have read a lot of opinions lately from both good and bad players alike, that the small limits on-line, such as 0.50$- 1$ and 1-2$, cannot be beaten for much profit. I am looking just for a little more info here. Now I know nobody is going to get rich at these limits, and I know anyone decent should move up in stakes, but assuming a small rake, (planet, paradise) aren't these small tables still beatable for 1, 1.5 or 2 big bets an hour by a good player? Please let me know why they can't be beaten at this rate, or any rate, if that is your opinion. [img]/images/smile.gif[/img]

At first I was thinking if you can't beat these tables of river players and loose callers, who can you beat? I was even thinking in the long that you would get more big bets per hour out of these players then any other game going. Now however, I'm not so sure.

One thing I was considering is that the combined bad play of a whole table of fishes, although contributing to your profits, might actually lower your net big bets per hour because a good player can't use skill and ability to their advantage at such a table? I'm not sure if that logic holds true or not...

Thanks in advance, SS.