Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2004, 10:10 PM

Default A harsh but honest message to all 2+2\'ers

I have read the advice/topics on this site for about three months now. And overall, I find generally the same individuals repsonding to the the majority of the posts that matter. You know who you are I won't name names. What I find is that responses to honest questions from beginners or intermediates are met with this crass attitude of superiority. The person ending up making to original post which started with an innocent question or comment ends up getting berated or made fun of along that way. Now if this was from casual stray people who make up a screen name and password and stay on for a day and who just respond to belittle i would ignore it. But amazingly, its from the regulars (like i said, you know who you are but are probably in denial).

I made this post for one reason. Because poker players get a bad rap. They are, in general, seen as 'mopes', who waste away their day. They are seen as rude, ignorant and obnoxious by a large portion of society. So when I see rude and obnoxious comments to posts, I think this perception society has of the 'poker player' is substantiated. Please, if you dont believe me, just read some of comments about, for example, how someone played AK wrong (and its always wrong if you didnt play it EXACTLY how the respondent would have liked it). The regulars on this site are so blind to their poor attitudes any responses to this post will probably tell me to "get some balls" or "you whine too much! you cant take constructive criticism"...So please, to all the regular posters, I wont name names for the sake of sparing them from embarrassment..stop acting like "mopes", answer questions cordially, and stop advancing society's stereotypes of the rude ignorant poker player...this is a great site and great resource. Don't ruin it.