Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2002, 10:44 AM

Default NL AK hand

I'm still trying to figure out NL. Tell me your thought process at each decision point.

online tournament 2nd round, blinds 10/20

two loose limpers (They have each played 50% of the hands so far) to me, 2 off the button. I raise it to 60 with AcKh. I think this is a pretty standard raise. Cut off calls, BB calls and first limper calls, 2nd limper folds. 4 to see the flop, pot is T255.

*** FLOP *** : [ 8d Th As ]

Checked to me. How much do you bet? I have T835 left, CO has T1085, BB has T775 and 1st limper has T625.

I bet 200. I thought that might discourage chasing at least. Cut-off calls, BB folds, and limper calls(!?). I'm getting very nervous here now. 3 players and T855 in the pot.

*** TURN *** : [ 8d Th As ] [ 2c ]

Now what?? Checked to me again. Would someone slow-play a set in this position? or two pair? Wouldn't they have raised the flop? I don't want to give a free card, but I'm not sure I'm ahead.

I bet T100. Both call again.

*** RIVER *** : [ 8d Th As 2c ] [ Kc ]

I think I feared 2 pairs more than anything because I pushed all-in when the K fell. Both of them folded and I won a T1,700 pot.

I think the all-in was a mistake. The K might have made a straight, and that's probably the only hand that would call my bet.

Comments on all streets appreciated.