Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2002, 06:04 AM

Default sucking him in.

A hand I would like to share with you occured at the TAJ 20-40 shorthanded....

I had been playing Tight shorthanded.....only playing big hands...so i decided it's time to raise with K4 of hearts well to my perfection the board came up

2 3 5 of hearts, I was in my glory, here is what i did I bet right out...I was first to act....so I figured these guys think on the same level that I think on there thoughs are "if he had a flush why would he bet it right out"....

I bet out and he called, now on the turn came a 5, I checked, and he bet,

I looked back at my cards and paused for a few seconds and I raised, he reraised, I paused and reraised, he reraised, I looked back at my cards to make him think that maybe I had a pocket pair and I paused again, and reraised, and he kept raising until I had all of my money in there......turn no help....to my flush......but...... he ended up having 3 5's and my flush held up.........

The point I would like to make to this story is.....how can you suck a guy in for more money....some people act too fast....they don't pause long enough....are the pauses I made essential in keeping him in....and relaxing him to make him think he has the best hand??