Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2002, 11:10 PM

Default beginner with questions

hi everyone can i ask some qestions. first ive been playing for 3 months 2x a week at 5-10 and 10-20 7 stud. i work 4 myself as auto wholesaler and have 3 to 5 days free a week. i want 2 suppliment my income.but i want to be worthwhile 150 to 200 a day.ive read roy west and sklan. advanced 7 stud and browsed thoery book. at 10-20 i can see the thinking of the game coming through. im holding my own winning or breaking even on my last 10 sessions im considering this as experience. 1st question i only play 7 stud is there more professionals in t.holdem? can you make a living in 7 stud 20-40 and make 75k per year. next question i play 10-20 and it seems everybody plays like i do. play w good starters hands, fold when 3 flush or 3 straight on board, fold when positive of opponents trips when they pair their doorcard. it seems the pots are going around and end of session im even. i need to play with people who start w/ bad hands and are not as patient as me. someone suggested 20-40 was a loose game at tag (ac nj) any sugestions and advice 4 my game. p.s. im starting to play a little looser coming in with a and smal pair, or smallpair with high kicker trying 2 get the a up or perfect card on 4 street if not 2 expensive 2 get in. i know i got alot of ways 2 go. but im 25 and pretty smart and swift without a ego my last and the most important question is is it worth it.if i decide 2 put my effort i know ill go all out,im a businessman and i want 2 know if it can be done.why waste time right. thanks 4 all advices