Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2004, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Not so interesting but I\'m spooked

Jamm her back on that 1 outer (Axs) for sure, she was raising with only 1 diamond on the flop, I doubt she has em.... and if she does... it's probably 54 again for sucker straight/lame flush, which would favors you or she had trips? JAMM it, you are heavy favorite....

-t

Old 01-06-2004, 08:20 AM

Default Results

For what it's worth she had pocket kings. Under normal circumstances I would have popped it back to her at least once more but against this opponent...like I said, she had me spooked.

Depite her previous hands against me, I think her slowing down on the turn had a lot to do with my failure to three-bet the river.

Thanks for the replies.

Billy
Old 01-06-2004, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She thinks you are a "maniac" and wants to play you heads up with any decent hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I wiilingly admit that some might on occaission see maniacal tendencies in my play, she earlier saw me show down both AA and a set of kings.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, as hard as it sounds from a single guy, don't let a pretty woman take profit away from you by making you play passively...that is unless you intend her to be your wife =).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the irony.

I really don't think you want to go down that road with me. Not unless you want to swap alimony stories.

Best of luck, Billy

Old 01-06-2004, 09:13 AM

I guess the chick just had a crush on you! You should have told her, that there are easier ways to get your attraction! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Now the serious talk, I can imagine why she does this play, when I read, that you open raise Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Seriously kid, I wouldn't even limp with this hand. Only expection I played that, would be in the SB (with no raises) or in the BB.

For your play, despite her drawouts before, I'd reraise her on the river. There's only one hand, that can beat you and even if she holds that hand this time, most other times, your hand will be good.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously kid...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, thank you.

Because my open raise from the cutoff seems a bit...hmmm, shall we say loose, you assume that I'm younger rather than older? Interesting.

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't even limp with this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not going to open-raise with it, and fair enough if that's so, why would you even consider open-limping with it?

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised there are two references in this thread to me opening with this hand from this position. AK it's not, agreed. But I rarely hold monsters when folded to me in late position.

One must make do.

Best of luck, Billy
Old 01-07-2004, 03:57 AM

First, I call everyone kid. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Open raising with this hand is not a bit, it is just loose, but may be you see this different.

Where in my answer did I write, that I would open limp with such a hand? I wrote, that only the SB and BB would be actually a reason for me to play Q9suited.

I am actually surprised, there are only two references, which point it a bad play to open with this hand.

Anyways, wish you good luck!

Old 01-07-2004, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I must admit to being spooked by this pretty lady.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretend she's ugly and raise.