Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2004, 11:52 AM

Default Interesting STARLUCK BJ rules:

I couldn't play in the no-download version (my computer firewall?). So I'm playing the download version, and I noticed that their "surrender" is a cross-breed between EARLY SURRENDER and LATE SURRENDER. I.e.: When the dealer has an Ace, it will let you surrender your hand when it asks for Insurance. In this case it is correct to surrender 5,6,7,8,12,13,14,15,16,17. When the dealer has a T showing, it automatically checks for BJ and if the dealer has BJ, you lose automatically (late surr. rules). In this case you should surrender 15,16 against a T showing (after dealer checks for BJ). Also against dealer 9, surrender any 16.

I do not know how much EV this "half-ass-early-surrender" adds, but I think it is quite a lot. I think it is enough to make this the better game instead of the no-download version. I don't know if it is quite enough to make it a slightly +EV game of BJ.

Opinions?.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Interesting STARLUCK BJ rules:

This is huge. Most of the advantage of early surrender comes from surrenderring against the ace, because the dealer is approximately 4 times as likely to have a blackjack with an ace showing as with a 10 value card.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Interesting STARLUCK BJ rules:

Can you calc' it to see if it makes the game +EV?. I can't be bothered with it, because one would need a well bankrolled BOT to exploit that small +EV anyway.

p.s.: I only posted this one to reach 500 posts...incredible I've been here so long and still my main income is NOT from POKER!.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Didn\'t actually test this, did you?

Yes the surrender button is there next to insurance, but if you click surrender you will still lose your full bet if the dealer has a blackjack.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Didn\'t actually test this, did you?

I didn't lose any of my surrendered bets to dealer BJs when he had an Ace showing.(i.e.: I got credited for half my bets).