Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2002, 04:49 AM

Default Post-Star Wars Home Game Report

This afternoon I went to see Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones with Clarkmeister, D.Andrew, and Riff Raff. After the movie, we mulled over going to the Horseshoe to play together. After a while, I proposed we play "something weird". Eventually, we headed to my apartment to play some Dealer's Choice games. The early games weren't bizzare. We were playing $1-$2 High Draw, $1-$2 Hold'em, and $1-$2 7-Card Stud with jokers. It was definately a tame room.

Then, Clarkmeister spiced up the evening. He called for Pot Limit Crazy Pineapple. After that adventure, everything we played was pot limit, including a round of Triple High Draw. However, Pot Limit Crazy Pineapple stole the show and we played it for the last two hours of the game.

D.Andrew was the "big" winner of the night. He left with a win of $49. I managed to come in 2nd with a $28 win despite being busted by D.Andrew early in the evening when I couldn't laydown trip 6's to his full-house. Clarkmeister won $23. And, obviously, Riff Raff was the donator dropping $100 including getting busted out by me on the final hand of the evenings when his JJT got beat by my AT2 on a Tx2 flop and no help on the turn or river.

We'll post a few hands. I'll be putting mine up in the Pot-, No-Limit Forum.

Old 05-22-2002, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Post-Star Wars Home Game Report

Twice is has happened to me that once big bet poker was introduced to my home game, no one wanted to play anything else after that. In fact, once NLH was introduced, we NEVER played ANY more dealer's choice again. Big bet rules. When I come back to vegas we shall have to get another home game going with Magoo-Meister an' nem'.

Dave in Cali