Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2004, 02:14 PM

Default suited ace

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 3.50 BB, between Hero and SB.</font>

Questions about each round:

1) Pre-flop, should I have folded? I might get enough callers, but 3 have already folded and my hand is no good without a lot of players. This table is pretty loose however, so I felt ok coming in for the flush.

2) Should I have bet this flop? I nearly always bet the nut flush draw. This table was normally pretty loose so I was surprised to see my bet fold so many.

3) What about the turn? With only one caller, I didn't think I would get sufficient odds. What about as a semi-bluff?

4) Now what? Bet and try to take it down?
Old 05-18-2004, 02:54 PM

Default Re: suited ace

I would have raised preflop. The MP player open limping likely means a weak holding. By raising you can probably keep it to 2 opponents or less and possibly win the pot on a later betting round even if you don't improve.

Bet the flop. Bet the turn headsup and then I'd just check behind on the river and take the "free" showdown.

There's no reason to bet the river for value and a better hand will call your bet.

Luke
Old 05-18-2004, 03:00 PM

Dynasty's a huge fan of the suited ace. I think with A2 you get 2-3 ways to win. The straight, the ace and the flush. They're good hands.

I think you can bet the turn. Definitely bet the flop, you just got a little UNlucky this time. Its a good move in the long run.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:15 PM

Yep, I probably should've pushed harder. BTW, the SB flipped up A8o.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:16 PM

You are cutoff with one limper in front. Raise and try to buy the button. Maybe take out a blind as well. Three players at most. Heads up at worst on your flop bet.

If he checks to you, bet again on the turn. If he calls again, you need to decide if he is on a draw or hit the Q or J. If you put him on a draw, bet the river. If you think he hit Q or J, there is very little chance he will let go, so check it through.

By the way, you set up the whole hand with a positional raise preflop. Unless someone hits something, you will take down the pot on the turn at the latest.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you put him on a draw, bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. If you put him on a draw, there's ZERO chances for villian to call when he has nothing but a handfull of holdings that he will call with that beat the hero.
If you are going to bet, the only reason to do it isn't for value, but to push him off of a non-top pair, if he does happen to have one.