Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 02:31 PM

Default Two Table SnG vs One Table

Hello all,

I have been playing one table SnG's ($10) for most of this year. I do not have an account at Poker Stars, but am interested in the two-table tournaments. I know the tournament setup is better at PStars than at Empire/Party, but was wondering if there is an advantage to two table tourneys?
For background at Empire, in 100 tourneys(I know not that much), I have a 44% in the money so I do better than average.

Thanks

esknights
Old 04-07-2004, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Two Table SnG vs One Table

The inherent advantage of the 2-table format is in the extra place paid out and in the relative higher payouts for 2nd and 3rd.

Take a single table event at a site other than 'Stars. You must outlast 70% of your opposition for a payout.

The payouts are (per $10 buy-in) $50, $30, $20.

At the 'Stars 2-table format, you must outlast 78% of your opposition, but the payouts per $10 of buy-in are $72, $54, $36, $18 ('Stars, unlike Party, Paradise, UB & others seats 9 to a table instead of 10).

The other advantage comes if you feel sufficiently skilled to adapt to two shorthanded situations in a tourney.