Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2004, 09:51 PM

Default Big card flop

I always get broke in situations like this one...
UB 3+0 blinds1 10/20
I have [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K in the BB,1500 in chips
I raise to 200 get one caller
Flop is [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10
Like a fool I move all in here,I was hoping my top pair was good but had a inside straight draw as well if not, and get called by LP who has [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J
Should I just bet the pot and prob folded after he would of probably done a big reraise on me? I hate flops like this when I got top pair...
Old 01-23-2004, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Big card flop

I have a big problem with flops like this too, and was planning on posting a question about it in a different forum, until I was too lazy to go about it. Anyway, what I actually will do is what you just said: bet the pot on the flop, and if raised heavy, fold. Hopefully not too many people notice, but anyway TPTK is not invincible as I've learned.

The only problem is when you start folding so many hands where you've invested money in (i.e. you run into this hand you've just described three times in ten minutes), it gets real annoying and soon enough you're going to be pushing it in..