Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2004, 03:26 AM

Default Maybe not the best time to bluff--no point but fun

Luckily, I was merely an observer for this shindig.

Pokerstars $3 re-buy satellite, blinds at 15/30, table is loose, loose, loose.

EP raises to 60, all fold to SB and BB who both call 60.

Flop is 10 3 3 suits could not matter less.

All three check.

Turn is [10 3 3] 4.

SB bets 30. BB raises all-in to about T3800. I think to myself "well, there's a 3, for sure." EP folds, and SB calls all-in, and I think "There's the other 3."

BB shows Q8o (wow!) and SB flips over 33 (double wow!), to destroy the least effective bluff I have ever seen. I don't think I've ever in my life seen a rock big enough for the BB to crawl under after that.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Maybe not the best time to bluff--no point but fun

Hi Doug,

Okay, then find a bigger rock, coz I need it. Last night in a $55 SNG I did this not once, but TWICE! First time I have TT UTG; I raise to 3xBB and am called by the button. Flop is 9-9-4. I don't figure he's called with a 9, so I bet the pot, he reraises all-in, I figure he's trying to buy a pot and call ... he calls and turns up T9s. Oops.

Later, I'm short-stacked and have 66 on the button. I bet 3xBB, intending to move in regardless of the flop. The BB calls. Flop is 4-4-2. He checks. I move in. He calls and turns up Q4s.

Oh well....

Cris ... excavating a cave beneath that rock now....
Old 01-20-2004, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Maybe not the best time to bluff--no point but fun

Now Cris...

I doubt that in either situation you had blinds of 15/30, a stack of near 4000 chips, and at least you had real hands (top pair).

In the same vein...

I played a 6-handed SNG (5 + .50 at UB) and we're down to three (top two pay). Chip leader has T3200, I have T1500, third place has T1300. Blinds are 50-100.

I get A3 in the SB. Button folds, I raise to 350, chip leader calls in BB. Flop comes A3 and another impertinent card. I check, (risky move, but I figured he'd try to push me off the pot...he'd been very agressive) he bets 250, I raise to 500, he reraises to 1000, I put the rest (650) in. he thinks and thinks for awhile, and I'm thinking to myself..."He only needs 150 to call me in a pot of 3000...what's to think about?".

He calls, turns over J9o, gets a fourth club on the turn just to make me nervous, and gets a blank on the river and I am your new chip leader. I bounced him three hands later. While I commend him for taking an initial stab at the pot with his stack...why keep going after my reraise...yikes!

CCC