Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2003, 09:38 PM

Default Rough position at final table.

Final table of 500+ NLHE tourney at stars. I am second in chips with 130,000. Player to my left is the chipleader with 400,000ish. There are 3 stacks of about 25,000. And the remainder all have 50-60,000.

The chip leader is a maniac, but hes hitting everything he goes for. He reraises whenever I try to make a steal raise. He calls everytime another player goes all in.

So herein lies my dillema. This players is a huge fish and I'd like to take some chips from him, but he is either aware or playing like he is aware that I know hes the only one who can knock me out. So what's the best play? Avoid playing any hands unless they are ultra strong? Take some chances?

Here are a few key hands, how'd I do?

Blinds are 3000-6000. I make it 18,000 to go with AQo, he makes it 30,000 to go. Everyone folds, I think about going all in, but puss out. Flop is AQ5 two suits. I check he bets 30,000 I raise all-in. He calls with KQO and I double up.

Few hands later, I limp UTG with KQo because I want to play this hand, but not for 30k preflop again. He min raises, only I call. Flop is Q95 two suits. I check, he bets 30K, I min-checkraise, he minraises back. I call.

Turn is an Ace, putting two flushdraws out. I check and fold to his 30k bet.

I think I played this one particularly bad, but not getting knocked out was key to me.

Old 12-21-2003, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Rough position at final table. -- Results

I did finally shut down and let him knock out most of the remaining players. I took out 1 myself.

We ended up heads with him having a 4-1 chip lead.

Then I doubled up with AA against his Q-T on a flop that he completely whiffed, and yes, he CALLED my all in with QT, no pair no draw.

Then I had a small chip lead on him. He raises 5x the blinds, I move in with A6o. He calls with JQ, flops the joint and second place for me.