Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2003, 02:22 AM

Default Turn decision with KK

Just sat down in a 10 handed 3/6 game online.

EP calls, I raise K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the cutoff.
BB and EP call. I have no info on either player.

Flop comes 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Nice. Now BB bets, EP calls and I raise, they both
call, I have no idea what they could have.

Turn is the 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] sigh, not good.
BB bets again and EP calls.

What's my action? fold, call or raise?

Results to follow.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Turn decision with KK

You have shown aggression at every opportunity and keep getting bet into. With the caller in there too it looks like a fold to me.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:39 AM

Hi icepoker,

This is definitely an interesting decision. Without any reads given on the players, I think that your hand is too strong to lay down on the Turn. While the BB could have been betting a hand like 75 or 45, there are certainly many other possible hands that he could have. I would not be worried about the EP player here, as he probably would have raised if he had a straight. I am fairly certain that I would raise the Turn again, and fold if re-raised. If they both call and check to you on the River, I would probably take the showdown, as one of them might have two pair.

-Brian
Old 12-15-2003, 11:25 AM

Yeah, I hate these situations too. Especially when you don't know anything about the other player.

This could be a "I'm going to call anyway so I'll bet when the scare card comes" play. He might have an overpair and is afraid that you won't bet your AK/AQ. The fact that he called a raise out of the BB would lead me to discount him having a 5, but I suppose it could be 55 that he has.

Perhaps, I'm wearing a skirt here, but I would be inclined to call him down; you still might have the best hand and you might also get some information about him as well.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:51 PM

ok, I'm not sure how to deal with this situation so I just called, the river was the Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], BB bets again, EP folds and I call. BB shows T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I don't like the way he played it, I would have check-raised the flop to get EP out. As for my play, yeah, too scared to raise the turn which I definitely should have, although I have to fold to a three bet. Whether this guy was capable of three-betting without the straight I don't know.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:07 PM

In his behalf he needed to keep the third player in to keep you from getting cute on him.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:52 PM

Fold if you believe he has a 5, raise if you don't. You cannot call.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:02 PM

I just love it when the board betrays me like this. BB could have anything and I've seen idiots play hands with fives in them from anywhere even with a raise (I saw an UTG play T8s for 4-bets yesterday, don't ask me how I know what he had.... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]) so I'd be prepared to see a five. I'm not gonna like it but, I'd have to see it (ie call him down).