Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2003, 09:40 AM

Default Turn Straight -vs- four flush - help

Party 25NL. Fairly laidback game, a lot seeing the flop. I am dealt KJs in MP, I call the .50, 6 limpers. CO raises to $1. We all call. pot is $7.

flop is: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, check, EP bets $2, call, I call, eveyone calls

pot $20

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB now bets $5, EP calls, a fold, it's to me.

What do I do? I have three to decide after me?

Do I call and slow play my straight (I think this is bad here with the 4 flush) trying to build the pot?

Do I raise to $10?

Or, do I go allin $20?

Old 10-09-2003, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Turn Straight -vs- four flush - help

you should either raise to 10$ or go all in for the 20$, depending on the table conditions.

You have the nuts, a flush draw will call you no matter how much you bet (which says you should bet it all) knowing how low-limit players play, but what you need to think about is getting money out of people with hands like AK, or even 2-pair (AQ, TQ, etc...) to call.

All that being said, if you go all in, you might get either the BB or the caller to fold worse hands that you want calls from (single pairs have no chance of beating you, and two pairs are about 11:1 to fill up), so I would probably only raise to 10$ in the hope of getting more callers... as a 20$ raise will likely only get a call from a flush draw or top-two pair... whereas raising to ten will for sure get the initial two who are in for 5$ to call, plus some other players... (remember on the river you can still bet your 10$, either way here you lose to a flush draw if it hits, but by getting more callers on the turn you probably make money off of people who dont want to fold for 10$ with such a big pot)
Old 10-09-2003, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Turn Straight -vs- four flush - help

i move all in here. chances are very good you will get at least one call, and there are a lot of cards that can hit on the river to either kill your action (K, J) or possibly beat you. (A, Q, T, 7, heart)