Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2003, 11:25 PM

Default Stud/8: I want more than the antes with...

Lets talk about the Party 3-6 Stud/8 with a .50 ante and a 1 bringin.

What hands are worth more than the antes at full table?

Rolled up hands and 3-card low straight flushes I presume? Aces, low kicker also?

I wouldn't think any of the high pairs are worth more, but maybe unsuited consecutive low 3-straights like 3-4-5?
Old 09-05-2003, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Stud/8: I want more than the antes with...

i think this depends a lot on how many players you're facing. if it gets heads-up against a big pair i would probably even rather have the antes with the low straight flush.

against three or more players i think any three wheel cards might satisfy this criteria, along with any low three-flush that includes an ace, especially if it's something like 63A suited. aces with a wheel kicker are probably right around there too, although you'd rather play head-up with those.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this depends a lot on how many players you're facing. if it gets heads-up against a big pair i would probably even rather have the antes with the low straight flush.

against three or more players i think any three wheel cards might satisfy this criteria, along with any low three-flush that includes an ace, especially if it's something like 63A suited. aces with a wheel kicker are probably right around there too, although you'd rather play head-up with those.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's some great advice. I'd like to read more about your thoughts on poker, you seem to have a great grasp on the game. Do you have a website by any chance? Perhaps you could include it in your signature. Any reason you don't anymore? Did your glaring hypocrisy become all too obvious?
Old 09-05-2003, 08:57 PM

I really don't want to get into this but I will.

Crocksucker seems too try too help people; and if he makes a little money off it .ALL WELL AND GOOD.

what do you have to sell?
Old 09-06-2003, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't want to get into this but I will.

Crocksucker seems too try too help people; and if he makes a little money off it .ALL WELL AND GOOD.

what do you have to sell?

[/ QUOTE ]

Drunk Bob, you must have missed the threads on the Internet Gambling section where crocksucker called me a lower than life scum sucker for promoting my affiliate site all the while promoting his.
Old 09-07-2003, 03:07 AM

wow, you actually migrated from the internet forum long enough to look at an actual poker post.

it's too bad that instead of offering advice, you're carrying on a childish war with me. are you jealous that people actually seek out my poker advice and not yours? perhaps you're afraid that if you actually try to post advice on how to play a hand here, everyone will find out that you know nothing about poker and are selling a crappy "free" product for the cost of only $65, and one's soul.

by the way, since you can't spam here anymore, why are you still hanging around? i'm real curious about this one. does your life actually revolve so much around harassing a college student (and very poorly, i might add) that you're willing to devote hours out of your day to do it? are you upset that i have people here to defend me, and no one likes you?

oh, and i really like how every single thing you claim i said about you is made up. (and yes, i do think you're a lower than life scum sucker, although it has more to do with the fact that you refuse to go away than your poker site, which has been insulted so much the words are meaningless now.)
Old 09-08-2003, 03:21 AM

I'd venture to say it depends on your position from the bring in and how many cards are behind you. Just as well it will depend on if the odds to a low are live or dead.

A raise of the bring in for me would most likely happen if there are a lot of high hands in play, my hand doesn't carry an 8, and if at least two of the cards are suited. Preferrably all three of them.

The point of the game is to sweep. Not necessarily split unless the hand is multi-way and someone can get in the middle of the raising war that occurs when a low and a very strong high are made to make it profitable.

The more outs that are possible at the start of the hand, the more money the hand is worth. Certainly on fourth street with a one-card draw to a low with a couple of players in contention for high, I would absolutely raise.

Rainbowed hands are not worth a raise of the bring-in bet for me as there are very few outs to a sweep. In that case if I called a rainbowed starting hand with 234 I would want as many people calling as possible to build the pot. Raising too early will fold people down and minimize the profit that could have potentially been bigger without the raise.