Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 07:52 AM

Default K10c In the BB vs one limper

I apologize for no hand history but im on the first tourney break so I figured I'd post fast and get back to it.

Im holding Kc10c in the BB, blinds at 75-150 and I have a stack of around 3800. MP6 calls the BB and everyone folds to me and I check. Only hand I saw the MP play he limped on the button, called a flop bet, called a turn bet and then folded to a small bet on the river. Villain has about 3900 in chips. So I put him on a speculative drawing hand.

Flop is 10J2 rainbow. I lead out at the pot for a half pot cb, he calls me. On the turn its a 9, I decide to shut him out, I bet 3/4th the pot and he calls me. River is a 7 and I check.
Villain bets 2x the pot at me, most of his remaining stack.

Action is on you? This bet essentially puts me all in. 80 players left, 10 make the money.

Bleh, went out 50th out of 200, top 10 pay.
Called BB in the SB for 150 more into a 750 pot with 710s.

Flop comes 48K two spades, I semibluff at the pot, betting 600 into 1000. UTG limper comes over the top of me all in making the pot I can win around 3800, with 2000 left I call and he shows AK which holds up despite a 7 on the river.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: K10c In the BB vs one limper

hmm...

his limp-call-call-raise makes me think that he hit the flop decently hard; TP, 2pr, heck, maybe even Q8. hard to know exactly (I'm leaning toward KJ or JT), but i think it's safe to say that 2nd pair is not good here.