Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Xpost: Help me create a 2+2 firefox search plugin.

I created this post in the software forum, but there's no traffic there, so I'll plug it here.

I'm looking for someone to help me complete a search plug-in for Firefox to be used for searching the forums. I'm nearly done but hit a roadblock, hit the original thread for details.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:01 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Xpost: Help me create a 2+2 firefox search plugin.

what's the point? you can go to the search page for 2+2 and right-click on the area where you would enter your search terms. select 'add a keyword for this search'. pick something like '22' for it. now you can hit ctrl-l to go to the location bar, and instead of typing in a url you can type in '22 raise' to search 2+2 for the term 'raise'.

if you plan on using google as the default search for ctrl-k, a keyword is still faster than hitting ctrl-k and picking 2+2 from a drop-down box.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:04 AM

No point at all. Even if I could get it to work, I wouldn't use it, I can't stand how bad the 2+2 search is. But my Party tourny froze and I needed something to do.

This is actually one of the sanest bored-need-something-to-do projects I've undertaken in a long time.

And once such a project is undertaken, it must be completed.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:50 PM

I agree with both of you. Astroglide's suggested bookmarked search with shortcut is by far the easier play.

However, little things like this are fun to finish, even when they have no point. I posted a working search plugin to KneeCo's original thread in the Software forum.