Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Aggressive Player Possible Straight against my Top Pair

This guy had a relatively high aggression for my table, and I'd notice him winning with middle/bottom pair a few times by playing relatively aggresive. He was SB, so he could have had a suited card to make the random straigh, so it was tough, but I figured it was more likely he was holding middle/bottom pair. How did I play this? Probably should have 3-bet him on the turn? Being an aggresive player I couldn't picture him not re-raising preflop or raising on the flop with pocket cards.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 10-18-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Aggressive Player Possible Straight against my Top Pair

looks good
Old 10-18-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Aggressive Player Possible Straight against my Top Pair

I think you did well to call on the river and show this down. I think your analysis is probably correct that with a pair he would've been betting or raising on the flop. This check-raise on the turn looks like it is for value. That 7 isn't a scare card that could take you off your hand... It did something for his. So I like that you just called this down.