Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2003, 05:55 PM

Default still learning!

My first post, bear with me! At the Hollywood in Shreveport/Bossier City, LA........4-8..Some of the loosest/most aggressive hold'em I have encountered. 6-7 seeing the flop routinely, and almost everyone calling a raise from any position. I'm just to the right of the button...5 callers, I have A9(spades). I raise, button folds, small blind folds. Big blind calls along with all the others. Flop comes 3s3c9c, big blind checks, someone bets, all call to me. I raise, big blind calls and some call, others fold. Turn comes 6 spades. Big blind bets, the rest call or fold, I raise. Big blind calls, all others fold. Heads up on the river. River is K spades. Big blind bets, I raise, he calls. He turns over 3d9h. I'm really confused when that happens. What did he think I had that he didn't raise. And I guess any one will call anything in the big blind into a raise! All in all, I played for 9 hours and won about 125. I felt pretty good. Sorry for the long post!
Old 05-04-2003, 10:45 PM

Default Re: still learning!

Hey GoldTee, I hear those LA games are a great time! I hope I can make it to the coast sometime. Preflop I like to have ATs or better to raise here, so I would probably have limped. After the flop, you have to do everything you can to win these massive pots. I can't think of a much better way to play it than you did, although against many players I would have just called on the turn, fearing I was beat by a 3. Hopefully someone with more expereince in very loose games will give you some better advice.
Old 05-05-2003, 02:00 PM

Default Re: still learning!

Maybe you mean loose/passive. Be thankful, he just saved you some chips.

Welcome to the forum and GL. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]