Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 10:57 PM

Default First hand post, Bad fold?

No read on anyone involved Easy call down because the pot is large or is this standard
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. BB wins 13 BB. </font>
Old 08-29-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: First hand post can someone tell me how to convert it

This is a converter.

Remove the word "Texas " and the space that follows the word from the hand history before converting it.

Here's how your hand will come out:

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, CO folds.

Old 08-29-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: First hand post, Bad fold?

call this your good 1 of 14 times here at the very least.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:43 PM

I'd raise preflop and after the turn, the pot is big enough to justify a calldown IMO.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

No read on anyone involved Easy call down because the pot is large or is this standard

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. BB wins 13 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
PREFLOP: When you have AJ in middle position and only one person has limped in so far, you should raise it up if you think you can win the button or keep the pot short handed, something to consider. FLOP: Good raise. TURN: The big blind is check raising you in a protected pot on an AK board. Youre getting 13-2 if you call him down. With no read on the BB you should assume he is the typical sane opponent. I promise you versus a sane opponent you are more than a 13-2 underdog. So good fold. You played this hand very well.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call this your good 1 of 14 times here at the very least.

[/ QUOTE ]

But he needs to call the river too. So effective odds dictates that he needs to be good more than like 2 of 15, I think.

I think it's a good fold.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:49 AM

You really need to raise this pre flop. By just calling you gave BB a free look at the flop. I think the turn fold is fine heads up I would call it down.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:55 AM

I do also think you are very far behind in most cases here, but, if you have reads om BB as a not so sane player I would call down, especially if the third player is very poor and perhaps will call this down with A-crap.

Also, raise preflop.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:56 AM

BB raised himself preflop, did not take the free lunch...
Old 08-30-2005, 10:08 AM

I would raise AJ pre-flop. Given that BB raised preflop from the blinds and into a big field, I would have to put him on a strong hand here. A weaker ace would probably just call. I think your drawing dead against AK or a set here, or at least losing against AQ. His flop and turn line is pure value extraction and I think this is a pretty safe fold.