Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Just funny. Low content

I just got AA outdrawn preflop on the previous hand vs TT, so I'm a bit short-stacked at about 70$. UTG here is really freakin loose, even for 6 max, and SB is standard.

Anyways, I'm dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB. UTG has me covered.

UTG limps, SB limps, I knock

Pot 6$
Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-- SB checks, Hero bets 15$, UTG calls, SB folds

Pot 35$
Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
-- Hero pushes for 55$, UTG calls

Villian has J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Just funny. Low content

Thats nothing - I just sat down with the worst maniac ever. 400 NL, he first doubled up from 250 to 500 by calling a check-raise all-in on a paired board with a flush draw against my KK, hit his 73c on the river. THEN, he called an all-in on a KQ6 flop, another pot-sized bet on the turn, and took it down when the river made a 4-flush and his TT was the only one holding a club against QQ and AK.

I get dealt KK again, and raise to 4xBB pre-flop. He cold-calls, flop is 678. I make a pot-sized bet, he cold-calls. Turn is a 2. I make a pot-sized bet, he cold-calls. River is an ugly 5, I bet 1/3 pot, he pushes, I think, and call. A3 no good [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

He went from $250 to $1200 to $0 in the space of about 100 hands.