Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 04:24 PM

Default How would you play this hand?

Im dealt K8 on the BB.. 2 callers plus me. Flop K85. Both check so I make a small bet to get more action. Both call. Turn 2. Both check I make small bet of 100 (blinds 50/100) 2 callers. River 10. Both check I bet 200, Sb bets to 400. He has K10. Do you guys come up betting strong or do you try to slow play?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: How would you play this hand?

now top two pair is a pretty strong hand but also vulnerable, depending on the flop. You don't say if there was a flush draw or anything.

But the fact that they just called a small bet is that they are on a draw or a marginal hand, or in some cases slow playing a very strong hand such as a set.

I'd bet much harder on the turn and here is why, you already had 2 callers you don't want to risk getting outdrawn, and making a bigger bet gives you a better understanding of what your opponents are holding.

But then again depending on the stakes or players you're playing with, some idiots will call down any bet with K10, so it's all relative.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: How would you play this hand?

If you're in the big blind why aren't you acting before them in each subsequent round? How can they both check before the action gets to you? Your post makes no sense.