Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Two months of 215\'s

Two months and three weeks ago I decided to take my SNG game to the next level. Up to then i played them mainly for entertainment and opened one or sometimes two at a time while playing NL cashgames, not taking them too seriously.
I found out that i enjoyed them more than playing cashgames and decided to make the switch to play SNG's exclusively. I bought a huge ass monitor (24" flatscreen from Dell) and started multitabling four at a time for the first time in my short poker career. Also for the first time i started keeping track of all my results (something which i recommend highly to everyone here, it helped me on so many levels. But most will know this already).
I started posting some hand now and then where i doubted my play or which i thought were interesting and although the comments weren't always what i hoped they would be (people told me to go away or said i was a losing player), some comments were very useful. I also started PM-ing with some of the better players asking for advice and helping some of the lower limit players with their own game. Both improved my game a lot.

I also went to china for three weeks, where i played no poker at all. I had no problem at all with this and can really recommend that everyone takes a long break (one week+) if they play often. So now i have my first two months of data and i'm proud to share them with all of you:

Total number of SNG's 718
ROI 18,55%
ITM 37,47%

PS. I know i probably won't be able to maintain this ROI, but 17% should be quite doable.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Two months of 215\'s

18.55 % at 215s.

[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] Very, very nice.

I'm jealous.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:57 AM

Congratulations Abel. Those are very nice stats for your first 2 months. I hope someday to be close to where you are now. Unfortunately I'm back at the cash games rebuilding my bankroll after a REALLY bad run of SnGs. I was a winning player at the $22, then I hit a wall, moved down, still not winning, and am now on hiatus from SnGs, mostly because I have lost my confidence. But because of my passion for SnGs, I'll be back.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:24 PM

Yeah probably you cant maintain that astronomical 18.55 ROI, but the measly 17 ROI should be a piece of cake.