Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: $30+3 ROI
0-10% 0 0%
11-15% 0 0%
16-20% 1 2.17%
21-25% 2 4.35%
26-30% 18 39.13%
31-35% 15 32.61%
36-40% 4 8.70%
41-45% 3 6.52%
46+% 3 6.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Pre Flop

Heres a quick poll on some preflop play.

my vpip is much lower then i thought it was, thought these were resonable questions to ask.i have a bad feeling that gametime+ has made me play a bit tighter.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Pre Flop

The questions where you're in the SB vary a lot depending on the blind structure. With 2:3 blinds I'm calling both times, with 1:2 (not enough limpers) or 1:3 I'm folding.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:56 PM

I have to say, the few responses so far to question number 2 suprised me. Limping Q9s after 2 limpers with 6 to act behind you? This seems marginal to me.

Then again, I'd definitely limp QTs there, so how much worse can Q9s really be?
Old 05-03-2005, 10:04 PM

1. Really depends on the table. I will raise this sometimes but I need more than just numbers, I need to know how these people have been playing and if they are weak/tight or not. As a default I will fold

2. Usually a call for me but certain players behind me could influence me to fold. As default I would call with two limpers in front possibly only one limper in front if he is really bad

3. I'm guessing the people who are saying to fold these hands are in the 1/3 blind structure of 3/6? Otherwise folding these in inexcusable. Call with either structure

4. Call with both structures usually, especially if limpers are loose/passive and can make it cheaper to draw/pay me off when I hit

5. Once again I am calling with either structure but just playing it a little more carefully for domination concerns

6. That is a super tight table, but that isnt saying enough. There could be three people with vpip's of 0 who are biasing the number. If people are generally passive pf and there are a few fish I would limp, but most of the times a table with vpip 20 is all around tight so default is folding.

7. Kinda close, especially if the pf raiser is raising light that could sway it to a call and that the people who coldcalled are crap. Default is to fold this one though, not quite enough. I like pocket pairs much more in this sort of situation

8. I think I am folding this just about each and everytime. Thats almost like calling any two suited just in hopes of hitting trips, two pair or flush.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing the people who are saying to fold these hands are in the 1/3 blind structure of 3/6? Otherwise folding these in inexcusable. Call with either structure

[/ QUOTE ]

Even in a 1:2 blind structure, I don't think 7:1 is enough to complete suited two-gappers with very little high card value. Add another limper and I'm in, but with just the 2 limping ahead I fold.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:07 PM

This is completely useless: it depends entirely on the limpers. If a tricky TAG calls UTG, I would fold Q9s unless there are 5 other limpers with him...
If 2 terrible players limp, I would raise Q9s to isolate their crappy holdings, sometimes call depending on table image and how bad they are (do they limp q2o utg?)...
Old 05-03-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing the people who are saying to fold these hands are in the 1/3 blind structure of 3/6? Otherwise folding these in inexcusable. Call with either structure

[/ QUOTE ]

Even in a 1:2 blind structure, I don't think 7:1 is enough to complete suited two-gappers with very little high card value. Add another limper and I'm in, but with just the 2 limping ahead I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the limpers or BB are all either really aggressive or really weak (fold easily) postflop, I don't mind a call in either situation. If the BB is aggressive preflop, I might fold in fear of a raise
Old 05-04-2005, 12:44 AM

The only answer that surprises me is #1. I'm assuming it's folded to us in MP2. I think Q9s is a good raise here as a default play (though I agree there might be other considerations which make this a fold), as you might steal the blinds, you might take the pot down with a simple flop bet (esp. if an ace hits), and you might win this pot with a pair or a flush (and you even have some straight potential).

Raising marginal hands in these spots is usually good, as it makes it much harder for marginally competent players to play against you.