Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Chips are in! \"City of Angels\"- travelling card club soon to follow!

My folks arrived with chips here in Bangkok a couple days ago. Will post pics in about a week. Taking them up north to Chang Mai on a jeep/ elephant treck through the mountains near the Myanmar/Thailand border.

Got a few games lined up... A monthly tourney/ game with friends where we all pitch in a few bucks to rent a suite with a view along the river- after we work out the initial bugs, we'll be hiring a few girls to serve drinks and sandwiches... we're considering having a dresscode for our game to really turn it into an event/ a night of class/ well, our monthly getaway...

More than a few other expats are waiting for me to start hosting games, but I wanna get a couple tourney/ cash game nights under my belt with friends. Figure bugs will need to be worked out to be able to have a smooth game each night, plus get a feel for expenses, that way I know what to charge as a door/ membership fee. Not to profit, but just to have everyone share the expenses as the cost for an evening of entertainment. -adding any extra cash to the prize pool or mabye have the extra money go to an added prize pool for a tourney for regular guys every few months or whatever time period becomes appropriate.

Gonna have to start a blog because it looks like there will be some interesting nights. Also have some friends that tend to be a bit seedier in their entertainment tastes- wanting to have a regular tourney with some of the more adult entertainment that is available here in Bangkok. Those game could easily have some pictures not common in a typical pokernight but we'll see.

If you've made it this far, I just want to appologize, 'cause that's about 5 minutes of your life you're never gonna get back. With my chips having just arrived and my parents visiting Asia for the first time, my head is spinning a bit- which makes me tend to ramble on...

needing sleep
-faith

p.s. any words of wisdom from the guys hosting games- especially in hotels is appreciated.