Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 11:33 PM

Default PP100 and the card I didn\'t care to see

River card bothered me. In hindsight, I think if I gave it more thought I could have come up with a better river line than I did. Thoughts? Oh, first or second orbit so I present you with only one read. Hero is awesome. That is all.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter

CO ($0)
Button ($78.66)
SB ($308.58)
Hero ($99.8)
UTG ($147.8)
MP ($100.4)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($3.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $1.50.

Turn: ($6.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, MP calls $9.

River: ($34.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero...
Old 03-31-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: PP100 and the card I didn\'t care to see

Don't worry too much about that river. Your villain more likely has 2 pair than a flush here. Bet 25 on the river, fold to a reraise.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:39 AM

Because a call on the flop and a minraise on the turn usually signifies a big hand and not a draw huh? god, if i would actually stop to think when i'm playing i could probably increase my hourly rate 1000fold. ok, i'm exaggerating, but still.

How bad would pushing this turn be? A value-push obviously. If I read him for a made hand, he may call a turn push that he wouldn't call on the river if a scare card hits. I think he's got a set/two pair here enough of the time that it's profitable, but I could just be mad at myself.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:29 AM

Oki, you can se by how many posts I've made and the screw-ups I've done in the hands I've posted that I am not what you would call poster that has a "suggestion-license", but here's my two cents anyway fwiw.

I wouldn't put him on a flush either, if that is the case, villain is making a horrible play in the long run.

The turn card helped him. I'm thinking that if he had a set he wouldn't be min-raising there, but I'm not sure.

What he could have made is the top two, playing something like A7 or just calling the flop with AJx or something.
He raises you because the turn card improved him (or he wants you to think the turn card improved him, actually slowplaying the set).

Personally I think a push is an option, but since the pot still is small, and you don't know if villain will call with just two pair, I would probably put in a larger re-raise (you don't even raise the pot, making it $9 more when $28 is already in).

And I wouldn't worry about the river card either, and bet it in the range of what Tilt suggested in previous post. But that's just me. With my luck, villain would turn up 5d8d on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry too much about that river. Your villain more likely has 2 pair than a flush here. Bet 25 on the river, fold to a reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect.