Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 11:24 PM

Default AJo in the BB

I really kinda lost my train of thought on this hand and randombly clicked buttons...

Button is reasonable, more weaktight
mp3 just sat down mayybe an orbit ago, hasn't gotten out of line.

if it was heads up i would have pulled the old check call check call bet, but mp3 mixed me up [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I bet the turn because i figured maybe mp3 was betting a better 1 card flush draw and i had him beat here and didn't want to let him catch for free ?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Quality is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Quality calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Quality checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, Quality calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Quality bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button folds, Quality calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Quality checks.... ?

shoudl have bet the river huh?
any comments appreciated
Old 03-20-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: AJo in the BB

What kind of raising standards does Button have? Since you say he's weak tight I would be afraid of domination and fold PF Unless he knows about position and stuff, I'd be more inclined not to call. It can't be that bad of a call though if its a mistake at all.

On this kind of flop I would just bet out. Theres a reasonable chance you can pick up the pot or considerably increase your chances. If MP3 raised my bet I would call.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:56 PM

Bet the flop, you probably have the best hand. Slowdown if an unknown raises.

On the river I would just check/call- can't be aggressive with the 3rd nut one card flush.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of raising standards does Button have? Since you say he's weak tight I would be afraid of domination and fold PF Unless he knows about position and stuff, I'd be more inclined not to call. It can't be that bad of a call though if its a mistake at all.

On this kind of flop I would just bet out. Theres a reasonable chance you can pick up the pot or considerably increase your chances. If MP3 raised my bet I would call.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i said he's reasonable, more on the weak tight side than laggish. I'm not worried about the preflop call at all.

give me game plan for each street please. so if you get get raised call. then do what on a blank turn or a turn that improves us.

do we lead at the turn again if everyone just calls? what if we get raised on the turn?
Old 03-21-2005, 12:13 AM

If everyone just called I would lead the turn again. If we get raised I would call that raise.