Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 10:22 AM

Default 56 sooted 25-50

Online 25-50, mostly tight-aggressives, a couple of looser spots.

Im in the CO with 56 clubs, 5 limpers to me. I call, button calls, SB raises, BB folds and all call. Pot 16 sb, flop As 8c 6s. SB leads out, four callers, I call and button calls. Turn was the 4c.

Board As 8c 6s 4c, pot 11,5BB. I have the backdoor flush and gutshotdraws, plus a pair. Again SB leads, Utg calls, Utg+1 now re-raises, two folds and the action is to me. I called figuring my straight (non-spade) and flushouts (at least the non-pairing) had a good chance of being good. I put SB for a big ace, utg for spades and the raiser for a set or twopair. Now button 3-bet and all called to me. I called. Of the players still in the pot only utg was less than decent.

So, anybody fold somewhere along the line? Turned out Button had the straight on turn (I had 3 outs to tie him) and SB had ATc. I am not the best of limit players by no means. I thought my draws were very likely live since they were backdoor, but that was not the case and I ended up paying 3 big bets for minimal pot equity. I am sure I would make the calls again here unless convinced otherwise. Last paragaph I read in a pokerbook was about people calling too many bets with draws that are drawing slim or even dead so maybe this was why this hand bothered me.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: 56 sooted 25-50

I think you played it fine. I can't find a fold anywhere.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:49 AM

flush over flush doesn't happen that often, especially backdoor flush over backdoor flush. once you pick up your outs on the turn you can't fold. you gotta try to pick up that straight or flush.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:31 AM

I find it difficult to admit sometimes, but you will find plenty of situations where you played everything right but just lose. I mean, if you're heads up against a guy and you have KK, the flop comes AK9 - 7 - 4 and you jam every pot and lose to AA, it just sucks. You did everything right.

In this situation, the pot was paying such juicy odds, you were hanging around for backdoor straight/flush draws, or two pair, three of a kind possibilities on the turn. The turn came and gave you the gut shot and flush draw, the pot is too big to fold here.