Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Too strong with nut flush?

Villain is 66% VP$P and aggression factor is 2.2 (0 on the turn though so I figured he thought he had a winner)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

MP ($43.65)
CO ($22.15)
Button ($92.15)
SB ($91.15)
BB ($4.3)
Hero ($49)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $2, MP folds.

Turn: ($6) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $21
Old 02-26-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Too strong with nut flush?

I like to just call here on the turn against most players, a general exception to my normal style.

The reason for this is that when the board blanks and he checks, your big strong bet looks a lot like a missed club draw and will get paid off.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:54 PM

You want the SBs entire stack with a hand like this and you didnt play it in a manner that allowed you to take his entire stack.

Often the SB will not have a real hand, but if he had a decent hand you let him get away from it.

I would have raised the flop representing a K and hoped the button had a set or 2 pair and came back over the top. Then I could set him in or I could set him in on the turn now that he is committed.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:55 PM

If he is not going to raise the pot on the flop then I also like a check here. However, there is really no way to get the SBs entire stack with this line.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:02 PM

My concern from raising the flop is that I don't see the $5 bet on the turn. I figured (incorrectly) that I had him in the trap. If you raise the turn, how much do you raise?

I'm new to the NL tables - but from what I'd seen, ppl like to come over the top with their entire stack after a turn raise.