Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Guess the hands and comment on both players\' actions

Live 1/2, fairly weak game. Lots of people are raising any pair and any two broadway cards from any position. Player A (~$120) has been pretty tight; he's raised PF a couple times and then folded when bet into on rag flops. Player B (~$100) has been even tighter, folding the vast majority of his hands and limping then check/folding the flops he has seen. The game's only been going about an hour so these reads are obviously subject to revision.

On to the hand: UTG+2 limps, Player A limps in MP, next guy limps, Player B limps in the CO, the button limps, SB completes, and BB checks so its 7 to the flop with $14 in the pot.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($14)

Everybody checks

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($14)

SB bets $4, UTG+2 folds, Player A calls, next guy calls, Player B raises to $12, everybody folds to player A who reraises to $36. Next guy calls, player B calls.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($94)

Player A bets $40, Player B goes all-in for about $60 total and A quickly calls.

What do they have?

Sitting at the table, it seemed clear to me what A had but B was a bit more of a mystery... curious as to what others think.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Guess the hands and comment on both players\' actions

I say A had 88 and B had 77.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:03 PM

Not quite, but a very reasonable guess.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:09 PM

I just don't see either of them playing 96 or J9 so I don't think either of them had the straight.

how about they both had 2 pair?
Old 01-20-2005, 12:17 PM

Also close but not quite. I'll give the results a little later-- kind of want to see if anybody else has anything to say.

I guess I can give away a little more.... player A wins the hand and, to me, it seemed obvious what he had. I couldn't believe player B pushed on the end with what he ended up showing down.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:24 PM

Player A has a set... aces? Player B has something like AJ.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:40 PM

First guess...
If you're right that people raise with any pocket pair... it would have to be competing 2 pairs.

Though if you didn't say that they'd raise preflop with any pocket pair... I thought A hit a set of 7s. 'B' is questionable... Either 2 pair (7/8 or 3/8 or A/3) or he was slowplaying another set? Or he's an idiot and was on a steal?