Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Missing Neteller Debit Card funds

Serious issue.
Yesterday I withdrew $120 to my Neteller debit card. As far as I can remember, there was already approximately $20 on the card. When I go to the ATM to withdraw the money, it tells me it cannot complete the transaction. After going to about 3 or 4 ATM's, I am either told there is insufficient funds, or the card isnt recognised. So I think that I mustnt have put the money through correctly. After just checking my Neteller balance, I am told that my debit card balance is $17.25, and my main balance is still minus the $120.

I have just e-mailed Neteller and am waiting on a reply. This is very frustrating, as not only is the card very conveniant for me to use, but using it is the only way I will have money in time for Christmas.

The only thing I can think of happening was when it asks for my card number when withdrawing to the card. But surely if I put it in incorrectly it wouldnt continue the withdrawal? And also, I'm quite sure that the balance of the card yesterday is different to todays.

The worst thing about this is that from their end, it is going to look like I am just trying to get free money. Is there any way of proving I did not receive cash from an ATM?

-Cian
Old 12-17-2004, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Missing Neteller Debit Card funds

You probably misclicked during the withdrawl process and instead withdrew via EFT or check, etc. Check you Neteller account statement to view the withdrawl method that was used. In any case, you really should contact them live via phone to get this taken care off quicky.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:38 PM

all those attempted withdrawals will likely lead to NSF charges.

as jstyal says, you need to get them on the phone and stop trying withdrawals. they will sort it out and hopefully reverse any NSF fees you may have incurred.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:45 PM

I checked the withdrawal history and it definately went to the card
Old 12-17-2004, 07:51 PM

My flatmate has twice had this problem. What he had to do was to contact Neteller. They told him he had in fact withdrawn that money, and told him which ATM had issued the cash. He then went to the bank responsible for that ATM with all the information, they figured out that the ATM had in fact not spit out any cash. Then the bank and Neteller got in contact and the money re-appeared in his Neteller account.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:15 PM

Thanks Rudbaeck for your post. It is both disheartening and reasuring [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Reasuring because there is probably a good chance I will get my money back, but disheartening because it means I can expect more problems.

This is actually the situation I was expecting to happen, that Neteller and the bank would have contradictory evidence.

Does your friend still use the card, or has he stopped using it because of this?
Old 12-17-2004, 08:24 PM

Damn, has this happened to anybody else?? I'm waiting for my card to arrive, but this doesn't sound good. Is it the individual ATM's malfunction (which would occur with any cash card), or is it a malfunction of the NT card??
Old 12-17-2004, 08:30 PM

He still uses it for small withdrawals, but EFTs home most of the winnings at the end of the month.