Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 10:25 AM

Default Loose aggression against few opps...

I've been experimenting some with these kind of plays lately. Somtimes it is succesfull, but I'm not sure it is +EV. What do you think?

CO and BB are tight players. UTG+1, Button and SB are very loose (VP$IP around 50%) and passive...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB
Old 12-10-2004, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Loose aggression against few opps...

i wouldn't do it, but it looks okay against loosey gooseys. I'd be interested to hear if this is worthwhile at microlimits.

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 12-10-2004, 10:35 AM

Don't like stealing from MP3 with A8o.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:35 AM

I don't think this is a winning strategy in the long run.

In this case, I like the taking a shot at the pot on the flop, but when both players call, I abandon my bluff on the turn. One of them could have hit on the flop, especially if they are real loose and have something like Q4s, if not, they may be calling down just like you, but with a better Ace.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:14 AM

Actually I think UTG+1 easily could have Q2o (he has VP$IP close to 60%). In my experience players this loose enters the pot with any two cards from the blinds in these situations. They usually never fold to one bet at the flop, but they usually will fold to a bet at the turn if they don't have something. That's why I usually bet the turn against two passive players if the turn card is a blank. If they where more aggressive I would have to check behind...
Old 12-10-2004, 11:15 AM

How would you play ATo in the same situation?
Old 12-10-2004, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Button and SB are very loose (VP$IP around 50%) and passive...

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is true, then trying to move both of them off a pot is going to be difficult. you do have 1 limper already.

This move can work, but I think you need tighter opponents behind you and preferably no one already in before you.