Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2004, 10:57 AM

Default Graduate Thesis help...Poker Tracker Question (request at end)

I am currently working for my PHD in economics. I am beginning to think about possible topics for my Dissertation. I have been reading some work that has been done on poker in some econ department literature. Of course, I am going to explore this option to the fullest.
I have had the very basics of game theory, but do not really get into it until next semester, so for now I am concentrating on a econometrics/stat paper.

The general topic of the paper is this.
Can we estimate with an significance, the fold equity of a particular situation?

I want to use low-mid stake NL (25/50/100??) as an example.
For starters, I will look at particular situations (i.e. last to act on a round, and the action is checked to you, what % of the time will a pot sized raise buy the pot). I plan to incorporate variables such as: table type (LAG, etc), number of players in round, actions in prior rounds, PT aggression of each player, Value of board (scare potential), etc.

I am looking for anyone willing to share a Poker tracker database with me for this project. Any site will do, small sites would be better, b/c more observations per player, but a large party DB would work as well. If anyone can help please reply or PM me.

Thanks