Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2001, 01:33 PM

Default transition to no limit

I recently got a copy of Wilson's tourney software and am trying to learn how to play no limit tourneys. I play a lot of limit tourneys on Paradise and do pretty well, but I just can't seem to get the hang of no limit. I play a structure that most closely resembles the tourney I will most likely enter, it's set up like this:

4 tables

no ante

no rebuys

20 min rounds

1000 chips

no limit (of course)

I routinely make the final table and my $$$ history is +25,000 for about 35 entries. My question is this: Is no limit all about blind stealing? When I get to the final table I am ususally the shortest stack of 9 players. I set it up with tough competition, if that makes any difference. What can I do to improve my chip position at the final table? I don't play draws for any significant raise and I usually wait for excellent starters before I come into a pot, then I come in firing. This may be way too broad of a question, but I look forward to reading any responses about how I must alter my play in order to become more successful. Thanks in advance.