Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2002, 11:22 AM

Default SB strategy

$3/6 game with $1 small blind and $3 big blind. If it's folded to the blinds: What hands would you play in SB and if you would limp with some and raise others, what kind of hands would you raise and what kind of hands would you call with?

Does it make a difference (psychologically or basic strategically) whether it's a ring-game or heads-up (under the same conditions, same blind sizes and SB out of position).

Today, I played in a $3/6 (online) ring-game and it was folded to the blinds for once and I was sitting with A5o in SB. I limped in, but I am wondering if:

1) A5 should be played under these conditions.

2) If you decide to play a hand for $2 more, you should toss in that extra $3, to put some pressure on the big blind with your A high against a random hand.

With 1/2 small blind/big blind structure, I'd usually just call with this hand (although pretty player dependant).

lars
Old 08-04-2002, 05:14 PM

Default Re: SB strategy

"Today, I played in a $3/6 (online) ring-game and it was folded to the blinds for once and I was sitting with A5o in SB.."

Raise. Always. IMO this is NOT opponent dependent. And I wouldnt limp when everyone folds to me in the SB. Never.

Regards
Old 08-05-2002, 06:30 AM

Default Re: SB strategy

I agree for me it does depend on the player a little bit whether or not they will catch on to what im doing or not. If everyone folds to SB and you got a good HU hand IMHO bet, you could pick up the pot there and then and putting pressure onto them.

John