Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2004, 11:28 PM

Default All new 2+2\'s must read!!!

Hi SS forum this is my first attempt at a helpful post. My background is in chess, I have only played poker for 2 1/2 years. For all that time I have been studying to play well according to theory. This was natural to me because I loved chess theory (1...c5!). Chess clubs are alot like this forum with very strong players (Masters) helping average (1800 rat.) players like me improve. In turn I would often help new players learn the basics with masters looking over somtimes correcting both of our mistakes. It was easy to know who knew what they were talking about because of ratings. When an IM or GM gave you advice you knew it was advice to be taken. Some of these guys play SSHE like grandmasters. Some concepts that are common knowledge here might seem strange if you are a new or a self-taught intuitive player. If you find yourself strongly dissagreeing with plays that the general concenses support be happy, you just found a hole in your game.
"When discussing things with someone, it is best to speak appropriately about whatever the subject may be, it will dampen the conversation if it is irrelevant". Hagakure
I will now ask some of the more established 2+2 posters to provide links to some of the classic post that highlight "2+2" statagy and/or the most respected posters, so new visitors to the forum can get a solid foundation to what this forum is about.