Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2004, 05:27 PM

Default Why Doyle Brunson pushed without looking at his cards

There was a lot of talk here about how Doyle Brunson pushed from the SB without looking and turned over 83 to Howard Lederer's AT in the TOC. There were questions about the push, and why he didn't look at his cards to make Lederer more likely to fold.

I assume the reason he didn't look at his cards is because not only would he raise with anything, but he knew Lederer would call with anything.

He probably had less than 3xBB. If he had 3xBB, with antes he was getting 3-2 pot odds and Lederer was getting 2-1 to call. Both of those players know the pot odds, so why make a pretense of looking at his cards.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Why Doyle Brunson pushed without looking at his cards

I must have distracted Doyle. That's why he didn't look at his cards.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:42 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Why Doyle Brunson pushed without looking at his cards

i could see being in that situation and wanting to double up, and the easiest place to get the money in when you're short is preflop. if somebody didn't see the fact that i didn't look. they might fold, i don't care. they might also call me with a queen because my cards are random, i would probably welcome that too. but i know [censored] about nl.