Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2004, 05:43 PM

Default flop decision

paradise .25/.50

i post in the CO. 2 limpers to me. I got T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and check. button calls. blinds call. 6 to the flop for 6 small bets

flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

small blind checks. big blind checks. limper1 bets. limper2 calls. 8 small bets in the pot. superhero's action.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:52 PM

Default Re: flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
paradise .25/.50

i post in the CO. 2 limpers to me. I got T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and check. button calls. blinds call. 6 to the flop for 6 small bets

flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

small blind checks. big blind checks. limper1 bets. limper2 calls. 8 small bets in the pot. superhero's action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Top pair no kicker and no backdoor draws. The flop doesn't look good to me... if you are not behind already there are probably straight, gutshot and/or flush draws. I fold but I'm not a superhero.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:31 PM

Superheroes raise.

Free card? Something about calling with outs; betting with no outs? Dying a quick death instead of prolonging the agony?

Just guessing.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Free card?

[/ QUOTE ]

The hero does not want to give or receive a free card. If he has the best hand currently, then he'll want to bet on the turn after he raises so he doesn't give overcards, flush draws, and str8 draws free cards. If hero raised the flop and no one 3-bet, not betting the turn would be terrible. A good option would be to raise the flop, bet the turn, check behind on the river or fold depending on other actions.

[ QUOTE ]
Something about calling with outs; betting with no outs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check with outs, bet with no outs. This does apply to this situation. This strategy is employed when it has been checked to the hero, who is last to act, usually on the turn. If you bet and are raised with no outs, it's an easy fold. If you bet and are raised with outs, you must call because of your outs, but it would've been cheaper to just check and see the next card for free.

[ QUOTE ]
Dying a quick death instead of prolonging the agony?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a vote for fold? Not a bad idea.

The final option for the hero I think would be to call, raise a safe card on the turn, and check behind on the river. However, I don't think this will work out well because he won't be forcing anyone out of the pot with the raise and most of the deck are scare cards.

I think the hero should fold. Even if he has the best hand now, there's a good chance he's not a favorite, and he has no way to protect his hand.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:06 PM

Super Hero Bluff calls. or, in lieu of that.

Raise. You have top pair, and no kicker. There are good arguments for waiting untill the turn to raise, but i think the hope of pushing out the blinds is nice. Also, if you do get three bet by someone, you can fold the turn unimproved. Better to find this out now rather than on the more expensive streets.

peace

john nickle
Old 09-24-2004, 08:35 PM

0.25/0.50? Did you misplace some decimal points?

Anyway, fold. Pot is small and your chances of surviving through the river even if you are ahead here are slim.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:50 PM

What festus said.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:08 AM

Default results

pot's small. i have sucky kicker with no backdoor draw. board is highly cordinated draw heavy plus the threat of the overcards falling. pretty easy fold.