Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2004, 03:03 PM

Default What an under-full world

Both opponents are extremely aggressive and I sure as hell was this time.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Is this a fold?

Flop: (5 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

UTG loves to stab at any pot that looks like it missed everyone. He has a flush draw at best here. When BB 3-bets, well, there's the 4. When UTG coldcalls, it's definitely a flush draw. So I call and pray for a 3.

Turn: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Well, there's my 3. Anyone have a problem with capping here?

River: (19 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

I thought I was up against either A4 or 88. Should I have slowed down here?

Final Pot: 31 BB

Knowing that UTG's dead money was going in was really the driving factor in hammering so hard with this. Did I grossly overplay this or what?
Old 08-15-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Re: What an under-full world

first, i don't think you are against 88 here, as the holder of said snowmen would surely have raised preflop. more likely is the lone 4, or even a 4-8 from the BB or both. after he 3-bets the turn, i begin to suspect the bigger boat.

oh, and calling the 3-bet on the flop is a HUGE mistake. the 3-bettor either has a 4 or an 8 or a MUCH better draw than you. you are way behind and drawing to a 2 outer, my friend.

cheers!
Old 08-15-2004, 03:32 PM

well, the implied odds were there, now the reverse implied odds, however...
Old 08-15-2004, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, and calling the 3-bet on the flop is a HUGE mistake. the 3-bettor either has a 4 or an 8 or a MUCH better draw than you. you are way behind and drawing to a 2 outer, my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also getting 13:1 closing the action and I don't have to call down if I miss. Also, the guy clearly has a 4 and I am going to win at least a few more BB if a 3 comes off.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:36 PM

Come on people now, smile on your brother.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:55 AM

you won this right? i hope nobody poked you with a 4s full boat. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2004, 02:44 PM

BB showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and took it down. UTG had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the rivered flush.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:06 PM

I'd have probably just called the 3 on the river, BB got in for free and you put him on a 4 (or better) - and he could have literally any other card with the 4. I wouldn't say he's got you beat every time but he's sure betting like it. That would be enough for me to let them out cheap.

UTGs free money though does make it a pretty open decision since you need to be right even less often.