Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2004, 06:11 PM

Default Tilty and LAGgy?

Playing live 5 handed 10/20 short. These two guys at the table have been giving me needles and getting under my skin a lot tonight. Here's two hands I might have went overboard on.
---------------------

Hand 1:

I'm in first position with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="brown">I raise</font>, MP3 folds, cutoff folds, button folds, sb folds, bb calls (One of the two guys).

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He checks, <font color="brown"> I bet </font>, He calls and says "I need a miracle."

Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks,<font color="brown">I bet</font> , He raises, <font color="brown">I 3-bet</font>, He calls.

River is a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He checks, <font color="brown"> I bet </font>, He calls.

He shows T9 of diamonds for the turned gutter. MHING

------------------------
Hand 2:

I'm in the sb with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Folded to me, <font color="brown">I raise</font>, bb(the other guy) 3-bets, <font color="brown">I 4-bet</font>, He calls

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="brown">I bet</font>, he calls.

Turn is a 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

<font color="brown">I bet</font>, , he raises, <font color="brown">I 3-bet</font>, He 4-bets, <font color="brown">I call</font>.

River is a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="brown">I check</font>, He bets, <font color="brown"> I call </font>

He shows me a set of 7s. MHING
-----------------------

In hand 2, I think he'll raise the turn with any Q, or a draw. The worst part was my call of the 4 bet and the river call I think.

In hand 1, should I take this guys statement as a tell? These two particularly talk a lot and it never seems to mean much.

Overplayed because I'm slightly tilted? or bad luck?

Thanks for your input ahead of time, guys.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Tilty and LAGgy?

To me hand number 1 seems fine. Nothing you can do about that one. But hand two i dont like the turn 3 bet at all. Once he has called the cap and then raised you on the turn he has 99% certainly more than one pair. So i would call and check call the river.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Tilty and LAGgy?

Not sure what kind of tell hand 1 is? He tells the truth, he hits an inside, nothing to do, no way to know that was the miracle card. U got top2 on a not very scary board. Well played and bad luck.

Hand 2. Harder to tell. If he will raise with a pair of Qs or a draw, of course u must raise KK. Often when I cap preflop and someone dont raise flop but turn, they can beat toppair. But its player dependent.

Not often I fold an overpair headsup, pay and pray he is overpalying. If u got a good read on him u can fold.