Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2004, 01:14 AM

Default Day/Night Breakdown in SNGs... yikes!

Ok so after playing in SNGs for a while I began to record time of individual SNGs in $10+$1's. In my current 100 SNG group there are DRASTIC difference. My ROI is around 80% from 10pm-4am and in the negatives from 4am-10pm. The numbers in the day are slightly skewed by an inordinate amount of 5ths and 4th on bad beats but overall these number strikingly contradict my prior belief that since the player pool is worldwide there shouldn't be a difference. Anyone else have similar results?
Old 07-10-2004, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Day/Night Breakdown in SNGs... yikes!

I believe player pool is not as distributed worldwide as you think. I think vast majority of the players are Americans....
Old 07-11-2004, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else have similar results?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have stats on the time split, but I've definitely noticed that the sngs at the same buy-in levels are significantly tougher during the day than at night, at least on Party and its skins. This effect is pronounced enough that I usually do my sng playing at night and play somewhere else during the day.

I agree with SamJack to a point. I think on Party and several other sites, the lion's share of the players are Americans, so the best time to play will tend to be "Prime Time" in the US. There are some sites that have a bigger percentage of Europeans though, and, not surprisingly, they tend to be better to play at earlier (when it's prime time in Europe).
Old 07-11-2004, 03:29 PM

This day/night effect has seemed to decrease in my stats over the past few days, I have actually made a killing the last few days, but it is the weekend and that may play into it too.